- Any edible garnish should be compatible with the underlying food
- Do not decorate with anything inedible
- Complex dishes require simple garnish, while simple dishes can handle more complex garnishes
- Bring out your platters and use chargers under your plates
- Use a centerpiece that complements your meal.
One of the keys to good cooking is to understand the role of all our five senses in helping us to enjoy food. One sense often ignored, however, is sight. A pleasing food presentation will help your other senses start to anticipate that something enjoyable is about to happen. Here are some tips you can use to please the eye at your dinner table: