- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
(raw; 20 to 25 per lb)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced fine
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ cup dry white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- ½ cup Pear or Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Shredded Parmsean
Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with tomato, capers,wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.